Welds and assembles metal components to effect repairs to dump trucks, trailers, and
other similar equipment. Also welds and assembles new wheel wash units. Employee
must be able to:
1. Attend work on the schedule established by the employer and without excessive
2. Follow all safe work practices.
3. Obtain parts and materials.
4. Access area to be welded by climbing ladder if needed.
5. Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
6. Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing
metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work piece.
7. Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion
8. Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding).
9. Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
10.Grind or clean weld joint of work piece.
11.Repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes.
12.Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture.
13.Tack assemblies together.
14.Fabricate new or replacement parts for dump trucks, trailers, and wheel wash
15.Assemble component parts using hand and small power tools.
16.May change hoses, fittings, air valves, suspension parts, etc.
17.Clean up work area daily.
Skills: Understand and apply welding techniques; work quickly and skillfully with the
hands; accept responsibility for the work performed; visualize what the finished product
should look like; operate welding equipment with skill.
Experience: Steel/Aluminum experience needed
Fabrications with welding and layout